Cup: base on a 250ml metric measuring cup
Ingredients1 cup (135g) all purpose flour, sifted
1/4 cup Horlick (62g)
5 eggs (grade A - without shell weight about 55g)(5 eggs=223g)
225g butter (i used golden churn)
4 tbsp kaya
1/2 cup sugar (125g)
1/4 cup condensed milk (62g)
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla paste
1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee powder (nescafe) mix with 1 tsp cocoa powder, dilluted with 1 Tbsp of hot water.
Some green and yellow food colouring (1 drop each)
- Prepared a wok or a steamer, add enough water and heat it up, Lined the bottom of a 7x7 inches square cake tin.
- Sift all purpose flour and horlick together, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar till light and pale.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating with low speed. Add in vanilla paste.
- Beat in Kaya then condensed milk mix well.
- Add in flour and mixed to combine.
- Divide batter into 3 portions (890g/3); mix 1 portion (297g) with nescafe mixture, 1 portion(297g) with yellow food coloring and 1 portion (296g) with green food coloring. (i used natural food coloring from Queen's brand) Then divide each portion into 2 parts into small bowls each. (total of 6 parts; 2 nescafe, 2 yellow and 2 green parts)(148g each).
- Pour 1 part of green color batter into cake tin, loosely cover with a piece of aluminium foil and steam for 5 to 8 minutes or until the surface is not sticky when touches it. (Steam at middle heat ( about 6-7 mins) Follow with the yellow color batter, repeat the same process for steaming. Then follow with the nescafe batter. Repeat the same from green batter to yellow batter then final layer is the nescafe batter.
- Completed with another 30 mins steaming to further cook the cake. Remove the cake from the steamer to cool for 15 mins before removing from the cake tin.