Cranberries are good either in cookies, bread or cake. When I saw Ann posted her cranberry biscuits recently. I know this will definitely add to my cny list. I also added some chopped pistachios in the biscuits for extra crunchy texture and these are well received by my family members.
Pistachio Cranberry Biscuits 开心果蔓越莓饼干
- 100g soft butter
- 75g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 small egg (about 30g), lightly beaten
- 160g plain flour, sifted
- 30g dried cranberries, cut into small pieces
- 30g pistachios, roughly chopped
- Beat butter and icing sugar till pale white. Slowly add beaten egg into it and mix well.
- Add in plain flour in few batches into egg mixture at low speed, mix well.
- Lastly add in the cranberry pieces and chopped pistachios, fold well with a rubber spatula.
- Place the soft dough on a greased proof paper and shape to long length and roll it into a pole or square shape and roll it up. Then chill it for in the freezer for 45-60 minutes for the dough to harden for easier cutting. Cut dough into 0.5cm thick and place on baking tray (lined with parchment paper)
- Bake at preheated oven 180C for about 20 minutes until slightly browned. (mine bake at 190c)
- Leave biscuits to cool on baking pan and store in an airtight container.
This post is linked at Cook and Celebrate: Chinese New Year 2016 hosted by Yen from GoodyFoodies, Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids at here.