How time flies...It's time for preparing cny cookies again! Parmesan cheese and almond are such a winning combination. I'm addicted after my first bite :)
Cheese Almond Cookies
100g butter (at room temperature)
40g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
50g grated parmesan cheese
120g plain flour, 1/4tsp baking powder (sifted)
1 yolk for glazing, some sliced almond for deco
- Beat butter with icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg yolk in 2 batches, mix well.
- Add in grated parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Slowly add in flour, mix mixtures to a soft dough.
- Pre-heat oven to 170C. (mine at 180C)
- Take a little dough (about 7g each) and roll them into small balls.
- Place on the baking tray with baking paper.
- Brush each ball with beaten egg, coat with some sliced almond.
- Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown.