Very Christmassy Stained Glass Cookies ~ I will be going for my Christmas break very soon. Let me take this opportunity to wish of all of you Merry Chritsmas and Happy New Year!
Stained Glass Cookies 玻璃曲奇
100g unsalted butter, room temp
40g~50g caster sugar
1tsp lemon juices
162g cake flour
12g corn flour
1/4tsp baking soda
Fruity candy (FOX brand)
- Sift all the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and pale in colour.
- Add in lemon juices and flour mixture, mix well.
- Use a rolling pin, roll the dough to a thin sheet (~4mm), keep in the fridge for 30mins.
- Use cookie cutters to cut dough into desired shapes. Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets.
- Using a smaller cookie cutter, cut shapes into centers of cookies.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 160C for 10mins. Remove the tray from the oven. (mine 170C at middle low rack)
- Cut candy to ½ or 1/3, place it into the hollowed-out centers of the half baked cookies, try to keep the candy within the centers.
- Continue to bake for another 7-8mins, the candy should be melted and bubbling.
- Remove baking tray from oven and place on wire racks to cool.