Hello December! My favourite month of the year.
It's also a time to play with some christmas colours.
Enjoy and have fun!
Fondant Cookies 翻糖饼干
Makes : about 15 pcs
60g unsalted butter, room temperature
130g cake flour
40g castor sugar
1 egg yolk, beaten
1/4 tsp salt
- Cream butter with sugar and salt until fluffy.
- Add egg yolk in batches, beat till well incorporate.
- Sift in flour and knead until it form a soft dough.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and cut out with a cookies cutter.
- Arrange the cookies onto parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake at preheat oven at 175C for 10-12 mins.
- Let them cool completely on the wire rack.
- Divided fondant into 4 portions. Add green, chocolate, yellow and pink colouring into each one of the portion, knead well and set aside.
- Roll out green fondant and cut out with a flower shape.
- Roll out chocolate fondant and cut out with a bear cookies cutter.
- Roll out yellow fondant and cut out with a small flower shape.
- Roll out pink fondant and cut out with a star shape.
- Brush each cookies with a thin layer of honey.
- Gently place the green fondant on top, followed by the bear fondant.
- Then place orange star or yellow flower on top of the bear fondant.
- Keep them in an air-tight container.
(Recipe reference :Cookbook "Frying pan cookies" Squall chin with minor changes)