Checkerboard Cookies 双色棋格饼干
80g Butter (at room temperature)
70g Icing sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla paste
150g Low protein flour
20g Milk powder
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- Beat butter and icing sugar at low speed until light and pale in colour.
- Add vanilla and egg mix well.
- Add sifted low protein flour, milk powder & baking powder, mix with a rubber spatula to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Take one portion, mix with cocoa powder to form a chocolate dough
- Divide vanilla dough into 4 equal portions, lightly roll each portions into a long strip about 1 cm thickness.
- Repeat method (6) for chocolate dough..
- Place two strips of opposing colors next to each other.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 mins.
- Cut into 7mm-8mm slices. Place slices into the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at preheated oven 170 for 15-18 mins.
N oven - at middle low rack, 170C for 18 mins, low rack for 1 min.
T oven - at middle low rack at 175C for 18 mins, low rack for 3 mins.18 mins, low rack for 3 mins.