If you're awake, you are blessed.
Life is a priceless gift. Appreciate every minute of it~
Good morning and have a blessed day!
Purple Sweet Potato Buns 紫薯花朵面包
250g high protein flour
3g instant yeast
15g unsalted butter
250g mashed purple sweet potato
Egg brush (1 egg yolk + 1 tsp milk)
- Mix all the ingredient A (except butter) knead until soft and smooth. Add in butter, continue to knead till window pane stage.
- Cover with cling wrap damp cloth and leave to prove until double size.
- Punch down the dough to expel air, divide into 9 equal portion (about 50g each), let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Place purple sweet potato paste (about 25g each) in the center of the dough, seal and shape into round ball. (Pic. 1-3)
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough (Pic.4), then use a sharp knife to make 8 cuts (Pic. 5)
- Turn the side up toward one direction, then slightly press.
- Place dough on the greased baking tray, set aside to rise for 30-40 mins.
- Egg brush and sprinkle with white sesame seeds. (Pic. 6)
- Preheat oven at 180C and bake for 15 mins.