Makes ~10 pcs
70g rice flour
30g tapioca flour
90~112g Gula Melaka, chopped(depend on the sweetness of gula Melaka)
1/4 tsp alkaline water
3pcs pandan leaves, knotted
50g freshly grated coconut
A pinch of salt
- Bring gula Melaka and water to boil over medium heat until sugar completely dissolved and become syrup. Set aside to cool.
- Combine rice flour and tapioca flour in a mixing bowl, add in gula Melaka syrup and alkaline water, mix become batter, strain it.
- Prepare a steamer, place tea cups or moulds (greased with cooking oil) inside, bring water to boil and pre-heat tea cups for few minutes.
- Pour batter(stir the batter) into pre-heated tea cups about 90% full, steam over high heat for 15mins (mine at 25 mins). Remove and leave to completely cool.
- In the same steamer, mix grated coconut and salt together, and steam for 5mins.
- Once kuih are completely cool down, using a small plastic knife, run around the tea cup, remove kuih, and top with steamed grated coconut.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ October 2015
Event Theme : Coconut
and hosted by Jess of Bakericious