This simple chiffon layer cake is great for tea time treat.
Easy to make and too lovely to eat.
Chicken Floss Chiffon Layered Cake 青葱肉丝蛋糕
(Makes : 9"x9" square pan or10”x10” square pan)
3 egg yolks
10g caster sugar
30g corn oil
60g cake flour
15g corn flour
3 egg white
30g caster sugar
- Beat egg yolks with sugar. Add in oil and milk, then add flour and mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat egg white until frothy. Add in sugar in three batches. Beat until almost stiff peak.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture into egg yolk batter in three portions.
- Pour the batter into lined baking pan and using a plastic scrapper to smooth the batter.
- Sprinkle chicken floss, spring onion and sesame seeds on top of the cake.
- Bake at a pre-heated oven at 180C for 12 - 15 minutes.
- When cake has completely cooled down, cut the cake into half. Spread cake with mayo and add more chicken floss if you wish.