Well, you can just forget about my pleating skill. What I want to bring out today is the taste of homemade and flavourful pandan bun, filled with delicious vegetable filling. Oh yeah! I just can't stop having them. :)
Pandan Vegetable Pao 香兰菜包子
(Recipe Reference :
Pau dough refer Joceline@Butter, flour and Me;
Vegetable filling recipe refer here )Ingredients :
120g Homemade pandan juice/water
60g Castor sugar (I used 30g Brown sugar + 30g castor sugar)
250g Pau flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1/2 tsp double action baking Powder
1 tbsp shortening (I use corn oil)
- Combine A and mix well.
- Add in B and knead until soft.
- Add in C, continue to knead until soft, smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a wet towel and rest for 20 mins or until double size.
- Divided into small portion of 30g each.
- Shape into small ball, flatten each one by rolling-pin
- Place 1 tablespoon vegetable filling in the center of the dough, wrap and pleat the dough to seal.
- Cover with plastic wrap and rest for 10-15 mins.
- Steam over high heat for 12-15 mins.
- Remove from steamer and serve.