We are craving for Roti Paun (mini buns of Kuala Terengganu) with white coconut filling. I baked these over the weekend and they were a big hit! :)
Roti Paun with White Coconut Filling 瓜登白椰丝小面包
(Recipe reference : My Little Favourite DIY)
225 ml fresh milk
50g castor sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 egg
250g cake flour
250g bread flour
2 tsp instant yeast
1/2 egg + 1 tbsp milk
- Add milk, sugar, salt, cake flour and bread flour, knead until smooth.
- Add soften butter into the 4 corners of the bread pan. Make a small well on the top of the flour and pour instant yeast.
- Using kneading mode
- Take out the dough and divide them into 30g each.
- Flatten the small dough, wrap with coconut filling and seal them neatly. Arrange them on a greased baking tray.
- Baked in a preheated oven at 170c for 20-30 minutes.
White Coconut Filling:
(Recipe reference : Sharon)
A. 80g castor sugar
3 pcs pandan leave
B. 250g fresh shredded coconut
C. 1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
- Bring A to boil over low heat until all sugar dissolved.
- Add in B, stir well and cook until almost dry.
- Add in C, continue to stir until dry and thickened.
- Discard the pandan leave.
- Shape into round balls about 15g each.