Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Palmier

I fall in love with Palmier after having my cuppa at one of the cafe at Taman Desa.
When I saw Mel uploaded a beautiful Palmier photo on her facebook, I was so excited and quickly asked her for the recipe. She gladly shared the link with me which is from her sister's blog called "My Happy Apron"Thank you very much to Mel and her sister Sandy for this lovely sharing.
Palmiers
(Recipe adapted from : My Happy Apron with slightly changes)

Ingredients



1 sheet puff pastry (I use 4 pieces of Kawan brand puff pastry square)   

1/4 cup castor sugar (50g)

3 Tbsp melted butter (15-20g)


Method
  1. Sprinkle some of the sugar over your workstation. Lay out the puff pastry sheet over the sugar and gently press on it to let the sugar stick on to the bottom. (I use rolling pin to roll out the pastry)
  2. Lightly brush melted butter on the pastry and sprinkle some of the sugar over it.
  3. Fold one edge of the pastry towards the centre (about 1/4 of the sheet), and repeat for the opposite end. Fold over both ends again so that they meet in the middle. 
  4. Lastly, fold the two sides together and press gently. Chill the pastry in the fridge for 30 mins.
  5. Remove the pastry from the fridge and using a sharp knife, cut it into strips of about 1.25cm wide. Lightly brush melted butter on both sides and sprinkle a little sugar over them. 
  6. Bake at 200C for 12-15 mins or until the pastry has puffed up and turn golden brown, then flip them over with a spatula and bake for another 3-5 minutes (keep a watchful eye so that they don't get burnt!). Transfer to a baking rack to cool.
I'm submitting this post to the Best Recipes for Everyone May 2015 Event (Theme: My Favourite Desserts) organized by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-hosted by Aunty Young

20 comments:

  1. 哇!love love 的。。。 那么多心哦!下次我就是下这个order了。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 没问题!下次我带love 饼,你带花茶哦!呵呵!

      Delete
  2. Hi Esther...I bring my coffee too and you bring your biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who could ever resist palmier? I certainly can't! These look so delicious, Esther.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agreed with you they're too lovely to resist. Thsnk you Angie ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh no......我也要下这个order!
    喜欢,喜欢,非常喜欢!
    谢谢为最佳食谱带来这么棒的分享!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunty Young, 这小甜点很讨喜, 我爱死它了! 哈哈哈!
      很荣幸能为你献上 :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Esther
    OMG!!!! Your palmiers are so beautifully done and golden brown. Two thumbs up. And now you are making me craving to have some now to crunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, i love these palmier so much. Once again thanks a lot for sharing :)

      Delete
    2. Hi dear, i love these palmier so much. Once again thanks a lot for sharing :)

      Delete
  6. 哇!做得真漂亮!吃在口里,甜在心里啊~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哈哈! 谢谢婉婉, 要不要来一片甜蜜一下 :)

      Delete
  7. 等我。。我也来吃你家的Palmier, 然后才慢慢的自己动手做!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 啊。。。。大方地收下了你的爱心
    哈哈
    我要做这个!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 嗯! 那太好了。。。我等你咯!

      Delete
  9. Esther, this must be very nice, crunchy, buttery and sweet!

    ReplyDelete