After my busy schedule with GST implementation as well as my family matter. Finally, I'm free this weekend to make my Lo Mai Kai/Steamed glutinous rice with chicken.
Homemade Lo Mai kai is not as oily compare to those serve at dim sum shop.
These Lo Mai Kai are soft, moist and flavourful glutinous rice with juicy chicken and meaty chinese mushroom. Hmmmm...Just too good to eat!!!Lo Mai Kai (Steamed Glutinous Rice with Chicken) 糯米鸡
(Recipe reference : Butter, Flour and Me)
Makes : 5 Lo Mai kai
250g Glutinous rice, wash and soak for 2 hours
1 big drumstick, debone and cut into small pieces
5 chinese mushrooms
15g dried shrimp, soaked, lightly chopped
3 shallots, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp Ginger juice
1/2 tbsp Oyster sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil
1.5 tsp Chinese cooking wine/shaoxing wine
1 tsp Light soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Corn starch
White pepper powder to taste
1/2tbsp Light soy sauce
1/2 Oyster sauce
1tsp Brown sugar
Seasoning for rice
1/2 tbsp Corn oil
1/2 tbsp Sesame oil
1 tbsp Oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine/shaoxing wine
1/2 tsp Chicken powder
1 tbsp Light soy sauce
1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
1.5 tbsp Sugar
Salt and white pepper powder to taste
- Marinate chicken and mushroom separately for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat up sesame oil and corn oil in a pan. Add shallots, garlic, dried shrimp, & mushroom, saute until fragrant.
- Add in rice and all the seasoning (except water), saute to mix.
- Transfer to rice and mushroom to steamer or rice cooker, add in water and steam for 25 minutes or until cooked (I used rice cooker with steam function, steam for about 20 mins)
5. Place 1 piece of chicken and mushroom, cover with glutinous rice.
6. Cover with lid, steam over high heat for 10-15 mins.
7. Invert Lo Mai Kai into small place and serve hot.