Mmm...Muah Chee with mild pandan flavour, so delish!!! :)
Pandan Muah Chee 香兰麻糍 (Pandan Peanuts Glutinous Rice Ball)
150g glutinous rice flour
125g pandan juice
2tsp caster sugar
A pinch of salt
1tbsp shallot oil (fry 3 shallots with cooking oil)
60g ground roasted peanuts
20g caster sugar
Fried shallot (optional)
- Add glutinous rice flour , sugar and salt in a mixing bowl, pour in water and shallot oil then stir to mix well.
- Pour batter in a glass bowl or baking tray(lightly grease with vegetable oil), steam over boiling water over high heat for 15 mins.
- While steaming, prepare the topping by mix ground roasted peanuts and sugar on a big tray.
- Once muah chee dough is done and slightly cool, use a silicone scraper to transfer the dough on the peanuts mixture.
- Use a sharp scissor, cut muah chee into small bite size pieces and coat with peanuts mixture.
- Top with fried shallots.