Kuih Kodok/Jemput Jemput Pisang or deep fried banana balls are authentic Malaysia's street food. My fellow sisters recommended me this kuih, so that I can kill two birds with one stone, lol...Thanks sisters!!!
Delicious, delicious & delicious!!!!
Kuih Kodok/Deep Fried Banana Balls 炸香蕉丸
(Recipe reference : Butter, flour & Me with minor changes)
225g Ripe bananas
80g Cake flour
25g Rice flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
25g sugar (adjust according to banana sweetness)
1/4 tsp salt
3tbsp dessicated coconut (I skip this)
Oil for deep frying
- Sift cake flour, rice flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mash the ripe bananas and combine with salt and sugar.
- Add in sifted flour and stir well to combine.
- Let the batter rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat, drop spoonful of batter and deep fry until golden brown.
I'm submitting this post to Best Recipes for Everyone March 2015 Event Theme: My Favourite Traditional Kueh organized by Fion of XuanHom’s Mom
and co-hosted by Joceline - Butter, Flour & Me.