带着战战兢兢的心情，体验这个家人很喜爱的香兰椰香糯米蒸糕(Seri Muka)。“糕手”朋友提醒我做娘惹糕要注意一些小细节。下次我会紧记, 把它的外表做的更完美！不过这个自制糕点纯属自然颜色，味道绝佳！
Seri Muka literally mean pretty face in malay. My first trial of Kueh Seri Muka don't have pretty look but with all natural colours and flavours they taste gorgeous.
Kueh Salat/Kueh Seri Muka 香兰椰香糯米蒸糕
200g Glutinous Rice, soaked for 4 hours and drained
120ml Thin Coconut Milk
¼ tsp Salt
4 pandan leaves tie into knot
4 pieces blue pea flowers, pre-soak in 1tbsp hot water (optional)
2 no. Eggs
90g Castor Sugar
90ml Pandan Water (Blend about 8 pandan leaves with 90ml water)
300ml Coconut Milk
90g All-purpose Flour
2 tbsp Tapioca Flour
¼ tsp salt
- Steam glutinous rice with coconut milk and salt for 30 minutes (preasure cooker 10 mins).
- Take about 100g cooked rice to mix with blue pea flower water.
- Rest for about 10 minutes, then transfer and press steamed rice onto a bottom of a 6" square pan (I use 6" round pan).
- Beat eggs with sugar until sugar dissolved.
- Add in pandan water, coconut milk, salt and green colouring. Mix well.
- Sift in flours and whisk till well combined. Strain the mixture and rest for 10 minutes.
- Cook on low heat until mixture turns thicker.
- Pour the mixture in the pan with pressed glutinous rice (1) and steam over medium heat for 20 minutes.