Happy Valentine's Day, my friends!
These cookies are filled with strawberry jam, taste slightly sweet-sour and with the lovely aroma of lemon zest. They will definitely brighten your day!
温馨小提醒 : 搽了果酱的饼干，最好一天内吃完，不然第二天饼干会变软。
Strawberry Sandwich Cookies 草莓酱夹饼
90g Butter (at room temperature)
50g Brown sugar
125g Cake flour/low protein flour (sifted)
3/4 tsp Baking powder
15g Ground almond
1/2 tsp Lemon zest (I used one lemon)
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
Strawberry jam （I used organic strawberry spread)
Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add in lemon zest and vanilla essence, mix to combine.
- Add in ground almond, cake flour & baking powder mix on low speed until the dough comes together in a mass.
- Dump the dough out onto your work surface and shape into a flat disk. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out between 2 pieces of paper wrap, about 3 mm thickness, half of the dough cut with a flower shaped cookie cutter (for bottom).
- Another half of dough, cut with the same flower shaped cookie cutter, then cut the center of each cookies with a smaller flower-shaped cutter (or any other shape).
- Place cookies on an baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 15- 20 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature.
- Dust the cut out cookies with confectioners' sugar and spread strawberry jam on each cookie.
- Sandwich your cookies together.
** These cookies are crispy, but once they are filled with the jam they start to soften. So if you want the cookies to stay crisp, fill them with the jam the day of serving.
I'm submitting this post to Best Recipes for Everyone Jan & Feb 2015 Event Theme: My Homemade Cookies organized by Fion of XuanHom’s Mom and co-hosted by Victoria Bakes
I am submitting this to the "Cook & Celebrate: CNY 2015" hosted by Yen of Eat your heart out, Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Diana of The Domestic Goddess Wannabe.
Link to "My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House