Seldom appear in blog recently. Hope everyone doing well.
Dongzhi Festival is around the corner,
I wish you all "Happy Midwinter Festival & enjoy your reunion with your beloved family!"
Peach Tangyuan 仙桃汤圆
(Recipe reference : Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover with minor changes)
*makes about 12pcs
1tsp caster sugar
70g hot boiling water
Red food colouring
- Add glutinous rice flour and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly pour in hot boiling water, use a wood spatula to mix well, then knead till a smooth dough.
- Take two small dough, one add in red colour and another add in matcha powder.
- Take plain dough(10g) roll into ball. Pinch a small pink dough, roll into small ball, flatten and place in the centre of the plain ball, roll together.
- Green leaf - take two small pieces matcha dough, flatten and use toothpick to make the leaf pattern.
- Place them on a steaming plate that wrapped with cling film. Steam for 10-15mins.
- Remove from steamer, immediately brush with some oil to prevent it stick to each other.