Hello! I'm back after a long break (holidays & sick days)!
Although I still in a lazy mood but I have to post this "Fresh from oven bread" before it expired, hehe!!!
I have been looking forward to bake this purple sweet potato filling bread for so long.
Finally I got it , yum yum!
Sweet Bread Dough
(Recipe adapted and translated from chinese cookbook 周老师 ~ 天然手作面包101 道 page 57 with minor changes)
Makes : 1 x 18cm chiffon pan
1 tsp Instant yeast
165g Hi protein flour
35g Low protein flour
40g Castor sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
180g Mashed purple sweet potatoes
30g Castor sugar
30g whipping cream
(Combine all the filling ingredients in mixing bowl and set aside)
Remaining 1/2 egg-Egg brush
- Mix all the ingredients except butter and knead until smooth
- Add butter, continue to knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap or cloth, leave to prove for 2 hours until double size. (I used Noxxa breadmaker function # 10 for dough).
- Punch down the dough to expel air. Roll the dough into a rectangle.
- Spread the purple sweet potatoes filling on top. Roll up like swiss roll.
- Make a cut through the middle of the dough become 2 equal pieces(as shown in the picture)
- Cross them and twist the pieces together, pinch the ends firmly to seal and make a wreath.
- Arrange the dough into a lightly greased chiffon pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap or cloth and leave to proof until double size or cover the whole pan.
- Egg brush and sprinkle almond flakes.
I am joining Best Recipes For Everyone
November Event: Fresh from Oven ~~ My Bread Story
Hosted by Fion
I'm also sharing this post with :