Pumpkin chiffon cake is a 'warm up' post to show my support to Little Thumbs Up Oct'14 Event ~Pumpkin hosted by Eileen from Eileen's Diary.
This cake is light, soft and the credit also goes to the natural sweetness of the pumpkin.
Pumpkin Chiffon Cake 南瓜戚风蛋糕
2 egg yolk (B)
20g corn oil
45g pumpkin puree
40g cake flour
5g corn flour
2 eggs white (B)
30g castor sugar
1tsp lemon juice
- Hand whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale. Add in corn oil and milk, mix well.
- Add pumpkin puree and sifted flour,combine well. Set aside.
- Whisk egg white and lemon juice till frothy, then pour in sugar gradually and whisk till a soft peak is formed.
- Fold egg white into the egg yolk mixture and then pour into chiffon cake pan.
- Bake at 175C for about 35 mins or till cooked.
- Invert cake onto a cooling rack until completely cooled. Remove cake from pan.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN)
and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary).