Pumpkin rice is my kind of comfort food.
Whenever I have them I am feeling warm and comfortable.
Hmm...I can't wait anymore, let's dinner !!!
Fragrant Pumpkin Rice 南瓜香饭
2 cups rice
200g pumpkin (with skin), cut into cubes
100g broccoli, cut into small florets
50g minced meat
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1tsp dried shrimps, soak in hot water and chopped
2 Chinese mushrooms (I used Bunapi shimeji/White clamshell mushroom 美白菇)
2 cups water
1 tsp chicken powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, stir fry dried shrimps and garlic until fragrant.
- Add minced meat, mushroom, rice and seasonings, mix well.
- In a heavy pot(or rice cooker) pour in (2), add water, pumpkin ( if you using bunapi shimeji add in at this stage). Cover pot with lid and steam for 17 mins.
- Add in broccoli and continue to cook for 3 mins.
- Simmer for another 5 mins.
- Sprinkle with some spring onion. Done
(Recipe adapted and translate from Mitongwu小小米桶 with some changes)
This post is linking to Little Thumbs Up event (Pumpkin),
hosted this month by Eileen's Diary .
This post also link to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)"
& co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.