Friday, September 12, 2014

Tonkatsu/Japanese Deep-Fried Pork Cutlet 日式吉列猪扒


I am not a pork chop lover but I seriously craving for tonkatsu after having them at Ma Maison@Publika. Finally my tonkatsu craving was met with this delicious tonkatsu recipe from Just One Cookbook, thank you Nami san :)
自从尝过Ma Maison@Publika的日式猪扒后, 原来不太爱猪扒的我也可以对它念念不忘!
上网搜索食谱,才发现日式猪扒的材料和做法还蛮简单滴。于是,就在家里搞搞日式料理。
一片片香喷喷的猪扒,配上芝麻Tonkatsu 酱,味道酸酸甜甜,令人食欲大开!
快来尝一片吧!Dozu! :)
Tonkatsu (below) which I had at Ma Maison@Publika 
They even have this guide on how to enjoy the tonkatsu by providing 
the sauces and dressing.
 
Tonkatsu/Japanese Deep-Fried Pork Cutlet 日式吉列猪扒
(Recipe reference : Just One Cookbook)
Makes : 2 pork chops

Ingredients

2 Boneless pork chops (at least ½ inch thickness)
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper

2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 egg
½ tbsp oil
3/4 cup panko/breadcrumbs
Oil for deep frying

Dressing 
Tonkatsu Sauce 
1tsp black / white sesame seeds 

Method
  1. Heat up oil in a pan over medium high heat.
  2. Make a small cut all over the pork chop. Pound the meat with a meat pounder or back of a knife.
  3. Season meat with salt and pepper.
  4. Coat the meat with flour, dip into egg, then dredge panko crumbs, pressing to coat. 
  5. Fry the meat in batches till colour turns golden brown and crispy.
  6. Serve with tonkatsu sauce and rice.

16 comments:

  1. 哎哟。。。。 怎么那么好料。我接受不了。因为肚子太饿了。哈哈哈 。。。。。。
    快快 。。。。 快快 。。。。。。 cal down cal down 去那里吃味道更佳好的。 我依旧怀念 。。。。。。。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being I'm a Hainanese of course I do love Pork Chop!! But funny me I rarely cook Pork Chop too. Of course, it is good to try out all various dishes at home and love that sauce too. I want more...more....more sauces on that pork chop please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, i bookmarked this super long ago also... and super long later, i still haven't made it! ha... lazy or scared of frying? i think it's the latter? but now that i see yours, 有点小心动哈。。。想做了.... ok.. i need to think think some more and give myself more courage! *breathing hard*.... 想想还是在你家吃了算了哈

    ReplyDelete
  4. 怎么可以这样来吊人家的胃口?怎么可以这样诱惑人?到时候那个bikini哪里挤得下去?
    哈哈哈哈哈!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 我不打算穿3.4,所以可以大口大口吃。。哈哈哈哈

    ReplyDelete
  6. 哎呀。。。大爱啊。。。我刚吃饱饭,肚子又饿了。。。。

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think yours looks way better than the one in the restaurant. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 哇!好引诱哦。。。
    就算会胆固醇过高也要吃啦。。。哈哈哈~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Esther, I'm with you ... love Tonkatsu ... also any type of pork chops ... grilled, Pan fried, 猪扒bau .... ok looking yours .. I 流口水!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this too, but now I started to use Nami's baked version, don't need to deep fry mah, hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  11. 卖相可以批比外边的日式餐光哦!
    厨艺越来越精湛了,给你加分!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks exactly like what I can get in Japanese restaurant, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious! I eat pork a lot and sometimes ran out of ideas to them…this looks simple and fast! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've tried Tonkatsu by Ma Maison too, love the pork chop and the cabbage with sesame sauce was great too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 猪啊猪, 我只来看看你就好, 待下次你家主人将你变成鸡后, 我再来光顾哦! 嘻嘻

    ReplyDelete