Oh my goodness! I'm literally speechless over how delicious these Camarel Apple Pies are!
The pie crust are crispy and the caramel apple filling taste great !
If you're looking for easy and delicious sweet pie recipe, you shouldn't miss this one！😊
Caramel Apple Pie (焦糖苹果派)
(Makes : 1 x 9 inch & 1 x 6 inch round pie)
I) Pie Pastry (Easy version)
160g Low protein flour
10g Castor sugar
100g Unsalted butter, cutted
70g cold water
- Mix flour, sugar & salt in a medium bowl, cut in the unsalted butter (cold from fridge) with pastry blender until mixture resembles breadcrumb.
- Sprinkle with water, blend until mixture holds together (don't overwork the dough).
- Flatten the dough into a rectangle , cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
1 green/red apple (peel and cut into 0.3cm thick slices)
1tbsp Lemon juice
10g Brown sugar (二砂糖-黄砂糖）
15g Unsalted butter
- Toss apple slices in a bowl with lemon juice, set aside.
- Roll out dough disk on floured surface to a 21cm round. Transfer to baking tray or pie pan. Fold edge and brush the dough with lightly beaten egg. Use a fork to prick the dough thoroughly.
- Arrange the apple slices in overlapping, concentric circles, working from the outside in until all slices have been used.
- Dot the apples with the unsalted butter and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake at preheat oven at 200-220C for 20-25 minutes.
This post is linked to Little Thumbs Up event (APPLE),
hosted this month by I-Lost in Austen .