I'm really excited to learn all kind of mooncakes as I never make it before. Let my first colourful snowskin mooncake meet everyone and say "Hi!" to you all :)
After chilled (photo below) snowskin mooncake look more pretty than
before chilled (photo above) and more QQ or springy texture as well.
Snowskin Mooncake 冰皮月饼
250g redman snowskin premix
100-110g cold water (200g water cook with 4 pandan leaves, let to cool)
1-2g honeydew essence
250g Lotus Paste
Some kao fen (糕粉)
- Mix snow skin premix with pandan water.
- Add shortening, flavourings and colouring to the premix mixture.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Add your desired colours and knead well.
- Rest for 15-30 minutes.
- Pinched off some pieces of dough from each colour (white, orange, pink, green) and roll into a ball (about 47g)
- Flatten and wrap in 35g lotus paste filling.
- Dust with kao fen and press firmly into mooncake mould.
- Umould and chill before consuming.
I'm submitting this post to Best Recipes for Everyone August 2014 Event Theme: Mooncake hosted by Fion of XuanHom's Mom.