I really don't have much time to update my blog lately due to a current heavy workload, but I will try my best to post during weekend.
I used 64% dark chocolate for this Japanese Dark Pearl Chiffon cake, it turned out to be slightly sweet-bitter which is just perfect for my liking.
I love this brand dark chocolate and their colourful "crayon" packaging :)
Japanese Dark Pearl Chiffon Cake 日式黑珍珠戚风
(Makes: 17 cm chiffon pan)
3 egg yolks
35g corn oil
80g chocolate, chopped
35g cake flour
15g cocoa powder
1/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
3 egg whites
45g caster sugar
1/2tsp lemon juice
a pinch of salt
- Melt chocolate and stir till smooth. Set aside
- Mix egg yolks, corn oil, milk, and melted chocolate, mix well.
- Whisk egg white and cream of tartar till frothy, then pour in sugar gradually and then add in the salt. whiks till a soft peak is formed.
- Fold egg white into the egg yolk mixture and then pour into chiffon cake pan.
- Bake at 175C for about 40 mins or till cooked.
- Invert cake onto a cooling rack until completely cooled. Remove cake from pan and servce.
I am linking this post to Bake Along #64 : Chiffon Cakes jointly hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours, Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Lena of Frozen Wings.