While I was preparing this Lemon Herbs roasted chicken, my hubby is playing a lovely english folk song for me. The song called 'Scarborough Fair' which the herbs of parsley, sage,rosemary and thyme are repeated in each verse in the lyric.
Yeah! A pretty nice song...It makes me feel more relaxed, lol...
Scarborough Fair ~ by Simon & Garfunkel
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme
Lemons, rosemary and thyme.
A big thank you to Sonia sifu for this great recipe :)
Lemon Herbs Roasted Chicken Drumsticks 檸檬香草烤雞腿
(Recipe source : adapted from Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover with some minor changes in red)
4 chicken drumstick
1tsp sea salt
1tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1 lemon, grated zest
10g fresh rosemary, chopped
10g fresh thyme, chopped
2 potatoes, quartered
- Mix lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, chopped herbs in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Rub the seasoning mixture over the chicken.
- Leave the chicken to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight in fridge.
- Remove chicken from fridge and let it rest in room temperature for at least 30 mins so that it will cook evenly.
- Put potatoes into a pot of water with a pinch of salt together,bring to a boil and continue to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken and potatoes in a roasting pan. Season with salt, black pepper and drizzle with olive oil, roast in a pre-heated oven at 200C for 45mins or until skin is golden brown.
Have a Blessed Weekend!