Crispy Nestum Chicken is not a new recipe but the taste of this dish is always in my mind especially after I saw it on Min's blog. Butter, cereal and curry leaves simply make a perfect combination of flavours, we indulged in it :)
Crispy Nestum Chicken 香脆麦片鸡
(recipe source adapted from Min's Blog)
Half de-borned chicken, cut into small pieces (I used 400g chicken fillets)
4 Egg yolk （filtered)
3 stalks Curry leaves
2 Chili padi (can be replaced with 5 dried chillies)
Nestum cereal /oats-according to preference
- Marinate the chicken with a bit of salt, sugar, soda powder, cake flour and 1/4 egg for half an hour.
- Heat up oil for frying. Coat the chicken with a layer of tropica flour, and put into oil, fry until golden-brown.
- With another pan, with low-medium fire, melt the butter until dissolved.
- Pour in the egg yolk slowly but continuously. You need to stir the egg continuously.
- Stir in oats/nestum, curry leaves and chili padi. You may adjust the taste by add in sugar and salt.
- Finally, mix in the chicken.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (June 2014 Event: Butter)
hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen)