I yet to try out my new cookies books that I bought in last year book fair. Last weekend when I'm in the mood for baking cookies, I flipped through a cookies book and I saw a recipe that used the cookies cutter that a blogger friend sent me earlier, so I decided to have a try. These cookies rich caramel flavour and the sweetness is to my liking which is exactly my cup of tea! :)
谢谢Mui Mui 送来的可爱饼干模型！
Thank you to Mui Mui for the lovely cookies cutter set!
Caramel Cookies 焦糖饼干
(Recipe source: adapted and translated from I Love Cookies 每天都是饼干日~安星美)
160g low protein flour
40g brown sugar
4g ground cinnamon
1g baking powder
1 egg yolk
40g canola oil
70g caramel sauce
40g sugar, 10g water, 60g whipping cream (warm)
Method : Mix the sugar and water in a saucepan over a medium-low heat until brown.
Add warmed whipping cream in few batches and mix well, set aside.
- In food processor, mix and blend all the brown sugar, salt, egg yolk, oil and caramel sauce.
- Add in sifted low protein flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder and continue to mix with food processor until a dough form.
- Wrap and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Place the plastic wrap over the dough and roll out to 0.6cm thickness. Cut with cookies cutter.
- Preheated oven at 170-180C and bake for 10-12 min. (I bake at 180C for 15 mins).
Just for you!