I have to quickly post this before it's too late for LTU 'Butter' month.
Today I'm happy to share this butter rolls and a cup of coffee with you guys.
So please help yourself :)
(Recipe source adapted and translated from Cookbook~简单揉就好吃的家庭烘焙坊 )
Makes : 8 buns
230g Bread flour
50g cake flour
3g instant yeast
40g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1/2 egg for egg wash
- Mix high protein flour, instant yeast, brown sugar & salt in a plastic container.
- Add in egg, milk and unsalted butter knead by hand until form a smooth dough.
- Cover the container and leave the dough to prove for 1 hour at room temperature. Then, store in refrigerator at least 5 hours. (or overnight for 10-18 hours).
- Take out the air container from refrigerator and leave it (with lid) at room temperature for 1 hours.
- Punch down the dough to expel air. Divide into 8 equal portions, shape into round ball (about 6og each).
- Roll it into a tear drop shape (approximately 28cm in length) and roll each piece firmly from the wide end to the narrow end. Place the pointed side down on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Leave to proof for 50 mins or double in size. Brush the whisked egg and sprinkle chopped almond on top.
- Preheat oven at 180c and bake for 18 mins.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (June 2014 Event: Butter) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen)
Let's make breakfast a daily habit!