I'm feeling so sweet and passionate with this "Pink lady" !
The colour match perfectly to my liking which differ from my previous one, too red (see here).
Thus I'm sharing my sweet and pinky Red Yeast Rice Cranberries chiffon cake to support LTU : May 2014 for Milk.
Red Yeast Rice Cranberries Chiffon Cake 红麴蔓越莓戚风蛋糕
(Recipe source : adapted and translated from : Eileen's Diary)
Makes one 7" (18cm) tube pan
3 egg yolk
45g corn oil
a pinch of salt
55g cake flour
10g corn flour
5g red yeast powder (1 tsp+)
45g cranberries (chopped)
amount of rum liquor
3 egg whites
1tbs lemon juice
- Sift corn flour, red yeast powder and cake flour.
- Chop cranberries into small pieces, soak in rum liquor and put them in microwave for 30 seconds. Leave to cool. Wipe off the excess rum with a paper towel.
- Whisk (A) sugar with egg yolks, then follow by corn oil, milk and all the sifted flour till well combined, set aside.
- In another bowl, use mixer to beat the eggs white and add in (lemon juice + sugar) at 3 batches. Beat until stiff peak form.
- Fold in 1/3 of eggs white into egg yolk batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Add in chopped cranberries, mix gently to combine.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased chiffon tin.
- Give the tin a few slight knocks on the tabletop to remove air bubbles.
- Preheat oven at 170c and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Invert to cool down completely before unmoulding.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (May 2014 Event: Milk) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids)and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Ah Tze (Awayofmind Bakery House).
Have A Sweet Pinky Weekend!