I love this steamed bun recipe from May so much.
I easily eat 3 buns at one go while they are still hot from steamer.
Light and fluffy texture with a wonderful pumpkin taste. Definitely a keeper!
Thank you for a blogger friend who gave me this "Fu" stamp.Pumpkin Pao (Steamed Buns) 南瓜包子
(Recipe source : adapted from May@厨苑食谱 with minor changes）
Makes : 14
200g pumpkin (steamed and mashed)
400g pao flour (I used blue key brand)
80g castor sugar
22g shortening (I used corn oil)
5g instant yeast (1 1/4tsp)
- Combine bao flour, instant yeast, sugar and pumpkin puree, mix well.
- Add in oil, mix until mixture resembles coarse meal . Add water gradually, knead till smooth.
- Cover with a wet towel and rest for 60 mins.
- Dividend into small portion of 50g each and shape into small ball, rest for 20-25 mins.(or until the dough is springy to touch)
- Steam over high heat for 12 mins.
- Remove from steamer and serve.
Pao! Pao! I luv you!