Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Japanese Croquette 日式可乐饼

日式可乐饼外脆内软,满满的马铃薯内馅,我这个马铃薯粉丝又怎能抗拒呢!?
吃这类煎炸,高淀粉的食物,我通常喜欢配一杯冰凉的薄荷柠檬水!
柠檬水可以解油腻,减轻油脂,这样我就可以安心的吃多几片,嘿嘿!

It's too hard for me to resist Japanese Croquette, especially I'm a fan of potatoes!
A glass of iced lemon is a must for me while I eat deep fried and high carbon food like this.  Eat and detox at the same time, make me feel less guilty, lol....
Japanese Croquette 日式可乐饼
(Recipe source refer : Just one cookbook with minor changes)

Ingredients:
2 big potatoes, peeled and halved
1 large onion, finely diced

2 shallots, finely diced
½ carrots, finely diced (optional)
2 tbsp oil
200g chicken meat
1 egg

1/2tsp chicken powder
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp white pepper

1 eggs for the breading
2 cup Panko/bread crumbs
½ cup all purpose flour
Oil for deep frying


Method:

  1. Peel potatoes and cut into small pieces each. Steam for 15 min until soft. In a big bowl mash potatoes until well. set aside.
  2. Heat oil in a pan, saute onion and shallot until frangrat. Add in chicken meat, carrot continue saute until cooked through. Season with salt, chicken powder and pepper.
  3. Mix mashed potatoes and meat mixture. Then add in an egg and mix until everything well combined. Set aside to cool.
  4. Divide potato mixutre and shape into round ball.
  5. Coat each ball with flour, egg and bread crumbs(panko).
  6. Deep fry over medium heat until golden brown.
Dozo :)

34 comments:

  1. 今天我很早来霸位了, 我也要一杯柠檬水哦, 可以帮我减轻油脂!嘻嘻。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 早安, May。 你真好一大早就来陪我吃早餐!
      不过吃了这个煎炸的早餐,柠檬水一定要灌一大杯哦,哈哈!

      Delete
  2. I have weakness for potato too cook in any ways. Love this croquette. Crunchy on the outside, soft and moist on he inside. Very addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love potatoes too though it's fattening. This croquette looks so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cecilia fattening food is always look tempting :)

      Delete
  4. 每次看见有人做这小吃,我都跟自己说,我一定要做,可惜每次都得个讲字。。。哈哈哈
    这次不说了,吃你的就好了

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fion 我明白的,其实我们想学的食谱实在太多了!这次不用做,来我家陪我吃就好了,哈哈!

      Delete
  5. 这个周末来弄这个诱人的点心,食谱我收藏了!!谢谢。。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 不好意思把你给诱惑了,哈哈!

      Delete
  6. I grow up eating croquette often as my mum loves making this for us. I still miss her version eventhough she just uses simple ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I believe your mum version must be good, next time share her recipe with us ya :)

      Delete
  7. neither can i resist this! whenever i walk past the food hall in the japanese malls, i just stare non stop... i think i already got fat staring at it///.... so esther, here i am... i'm more than happy to share the calories with you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria,I am lucky to have you to share the calories, lol....

      Delete
  8. Esther, I like your concept of eat and detox at the same time! I should follow you :) Your croquettes looks so yummy. I must dip them in chilli sauce. Ah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phone Hong I know orang trengganu like pedas, sure I will prepare more chilli sauce for u,hehe...

      Delete
  9. I like croquette very much, just now saw your pictures on the Facebook have made me salivating already! The crumbs look very crunchy leh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jessie, there are really delicious and lots of crunch in every bite :)

      Delete
  10. 很饱满的料啊,我好久没做了:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 老师,我也觉得这次做的有点大,呵呵1 不用做啦,我请你吃吧!:)

      Delete
  11. It has been years since I last had those....miss them. These look so golden crisp and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie but these are not so healthy ya :)

      Delete
  12. 可乐饼 +薄荷柠檬水,超赞的搭配!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 很搭配,更重要是柠檬可以去Esther 身上的油脂,呵呵!

      Delete
  13. loved these yummy crispy croquettes...

    ReplyDelete
  14. 我也很喜欢吃可乐饼,外脆内软,真的很好吃。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, 谢谢你,随便来一个吧!:)

      Delete
  15. These look so tempting! and so addictive! I could not stop at just a few! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oishii ! LOve this very much ! I think I can easily makan all of it on that plate in one sitting! LOL

    ReplyDelete