Monday, April 7, 2014

Pumpkin Bread 南瓜面包

习惯了吃早餐,没吃或迟吃的话,四肢会变得软趴趴,全身无力。。。
一个健康又简单的南瓜面包,就是我理想的营养早餐!
之前也做过南瓜面包,不过觉得这个面包的口感更软,味道更佳。

My body will react and become weak whenever I missed my breakfast.
A healthy and simple Pumpkin bread is a perfect breakfast to start my day!
I baked the Pumpkin loaf before but I prefer the taste and texture of today's bread.
This bread remain soft and good until the next day.
面包放到隔天依然还是很柔软!
Pumpkin Bread 南瓜面包
(Recipe source translate from Cecillia Cookbook~简单揉就好吃的家庭烘焙坊 page 63 with minor changes)
Baking pan size : 24 x 13 x 6 cm

Ingredients

230g Bread flour
50g cake flour
3g instant yeast 
20g brown sugar
3g salt
120ml milk
20g unsalted butter
100g pumpkin puree

Filling (I skip this)
175g pumpkin puree
50ml whipping cream
10g brown sugar
10g butter (softened)

Garnish

Egg wash - one egg 
some pumpkin seeds

Method
  1. Mix high protein flour, instant yeast, brown sugar & salt in a mixing bowl.
  2. Add in milk, pumpkin puree and butter, knead well to form a smooth and elastic dough. (I used stand mixer to knead).
  3. Cover with plastic wrap or cloth, leave to prove for 1 hour or until double size.
  4. Punch down the dough to expel air. Divide into 4 equal portions and cover with wet cloth and rest for 20 minutes. Shape into round ball  (Lightly dust your hands with flour to keep the dough from sticking too much).
  5. Mix high protein flour, instant yeast, brown sugar & salt in a mixing bowl.
  6. Add in grated carrots, honey, yogurt, butter and knead well to form a smooth and elastic dough. (I used stand mixer to knead).
  7. Cover with plastic wrap or cloth, leave to prove for 1 hour or until double size.
  8. Punch down the dough to expel air. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape it into ball. Cover with wet cloth and rest for 20 minutes.  (Lightly dust your hands with flour to keep the dough from sticking too much).
  9. Roll out dough into 22 cm x 9 cm rectangle shape. Spread filling on top (I skip this) and roll in tightly like swiss roll. 
  10. Place the dough with point down, on greased baking pan.
  11. Cover with plastic wrap or cloth and leave to proof for 50 mins (or double size).
  12. Brush the top with egg and place some pumpkin, lightly press.
  13. Preheat oven at 180c and bake for 26 mins.
I am sharing this post with Cook-Your-Books #11 
hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours.
I also submitting this post to International Yeasted Recipe
Enjoy!

41 comments:

  1. 软软的南瓜面包真让人喜欢。like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 我也是吃软不吃硬的,哈哈!

      Delete
  2. Very fluffy and soft. I would leave out the filling too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, I'm lazy to make the filling but simple like this is good enough for me :)

      Delete
  3. Indeed I can see that this healthy bread is so cottony soft and it can eaten as it is without any spread. Totally love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 我前天买了南瓜一个,也是想做南瓜面包。。。但是南瓜还在厨房了,一动不动。。。先吃你的南瓜面包了。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jozelyn, 南瓜不耐收,快快动手吧!

      Delete
  5. Esther, that's very nice bread! Love the yellow colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 面包是我的最爱。。从小的早餐就是面包,就算早餐吃别的,还是得啃一片面包进肚子才够满足。。嘻!拿两片走人咯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. karen, 原来你也爱面包,那改天见面我带你去一家好吃的面包店!:)

      Delete
  7. 我也是,一定要吃早餐的,嘻嘻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 老师,不吃早餐会没力气教书,对吗? 哈哈!

      Delete
  8. esther! i get weak seeing Your bread because want to eat but cannot eat! ahhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my dear, are you ok? Hope you can enjoy food very soon :)

      Delete
  9. Esther, 我带了一个小小粒的南瓜糕来换取你大大粒的面包, 有赚了! 哈哈哈。。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May, 我在减肥中,小小粒够用了!呵呵!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. 哈哈!下次做大粒的给你吃!

      Delete
  11. 好看又好吃♥南瓜做面包就是那么得讨喜吧!我很喜欢呢\^O^/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 晓,谢谢你! 南瓜很健康,颜色漂亮,是很好的材料!:)

      Delete
  12. Lovely bread, Esther! The perfect bread for breakfast and a cup of tea for the afternoons!
    Thanks for linking with CYB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colour of your bread and hope you can share this at 'International Yeasted Recipe'. Looking forward to seeing you there.
    Have a great week ahead.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristy, thank you for inviting. I am happy to share this post with IYR!

      Delete
  14. Wow wow wow looks so good! I also love the pumpkin seeds on top of your bread.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 哈哈哈。。。看到你的南瓜面包就想起我的南瓜,整个月了,还在冰厨原封不动,幸亏还没烂掉

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Esther, I always like to look at the pumpkin bread! They look so nice in the golden colour! And your bread always look very soft! Looking at your pictures have actually reminded me that I have an unposted pumpkin bread recipe, hehehe. I think I must have stored it in my archive for at least 6 mths now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Esther, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful recipe with my readers. Hope to see more creations from you soon.
    Enjoy your day dear.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Esther,
    This bread looks nice. I love pumpkins but now it is not the season. Your pumpkin puree is it steamed and mashed pumpkin? Can I replace with sweet potatos instead?

    cheers
    Miss B @ EEWIF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss B, I think should be no problem to replace with sweet potatos. Happy Baking!

      Delete
  19. Love the sunny color of this pumpkin bread & the soft , light fluffy texture . So appetizing ! YUM! ;)

    ReplyDelete