Oranges and Kiwi bring out the fruity sweet and sour taste to this dish.
It will makes you do a little happy dance when you taste it! lol...
Orange Chicken 香橙鸡丁
(Recipe source : adapted and translated from Carol "自在生活“ pg.108)
300g chicken breast (I used 200g) (cut into bite-size cubes)
1 kiwi fruit
1-2 clove garlic
2 slice of ginger
1tbsp soya sauce
1tbsp chinese wine
1 egg yolk
1tbsp corn starch
1/4tsp white pepper
200ml (about 3 orange) freshly squeezed orange juice (I use 2 orange)
20g rock sugar (adjust according to the sweetness of orange)
1tbsp corn starch + 1/2tbsp water (I use 1tsp corn starch + 1tbsp water)
Orange zest (1 orange)
4-5tbsp corn starch
- Marinate the chicken meat for at least 30 mins.
- Coat the chicken pieces with corn starch and deep fry until golden brown, set aside.
- In a wok, add 1tbsp cooking oil, saute the garlic and ginger until aroma.
- Pour in orange sauce and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add in deep fried chicken,Kiwi and orange zest, continue to stir fry until thicken.
- Dish out and serve hot.
I'm submitting this post to Little Thumbs up organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Ann of Anncoo Journal
I am sharing this post with Cook-Your-Books #11
hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours.