Japanese Curry Buns (日式咖喱面包）
(Recipe source: adapted from Cookbook Tokyo Pastry House(东京面包屋) with some changes and also refer to Nasi Lemak Lover)
Makes : 9 buns
A) 250g Bread flour
4g salt (1tsp)
1/2 + 1/4tsp instant yeast
135-140g water (139g)
B) 1/2 egg for egg wash
- Mix all the ingredient A except butter and knead till smooth.
- Add in butter and knead till smooth and elastic dough.
- Cover with cloth and let it prove for 1 hour or double size.
- Divide into 9 portion (50g each). Shape into round ball and rest for 30 mins.
- Place 1-2 tablespoon curry filling in the center of the dough, seal and flatten it.
- Brush the top of dough with egg, place one pecan on center and lightly press.
- Then coat it with bread crumbs.
- Let it to prove for 40-50 mins.
- Bake at preheat oven at 200C for 15 mins.
Curry filling (I don't follow the Japanese curry filling)
200g chicken breast
1tbsp curry powder
1/2tbsp red chillis powder
- Heat oil in a wok, sauté onion till aroma.
- Add in curry paste, red chillis paste stir till fragrance. Add in chicken and potatoes and carrot, mix well.
- Add in water & milk, cook over low medium heat till potatoes tendered. Set aside to cool.
Happy Day !