Friday, March 21, 2014

Prawn,Chicken & Corn Gyoza 虾仁鸡肉玉米饺子


I love Gyoza so much and have tried to make them a few times.  
This time, I experimenting new recipe by replacing the filling with prawn,chicken and corn instead of ground pork. As for dipping sauce, I swap it with my own mixed chilli padi (bird's eyes chilli)dipping sauce. It turn out to my liking and I hope you will enjoy this Malaysian style gyoza too :)


Prawn, Chicken & Corn Gyoza 虾仁鸡肉玉米饺子
(Inspired by : Nasi lemak Lover)

Filling ingredients
200g chicken mince
100g prawn meat, chopped
5 tbsp corn kernel
12cm carrot, chopped finely
Spring onion, chopped finely
1 tsp Japanese light soy sauce
1 tsp chicken powder
1 tsp salt or to taste
Pepper
200g Gyoza wrappers

For each frying
1tbsp oil
40g water

Chilli padi dipping sauce 
3 chilli padi (bird's eyes chili), sliced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped finely
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2-3 limes juices

Method
  1. In a mixing bowl, use hand to mix all filling ingredients until sticky.
  2.  Wrap filling with gyoza wrappers. (refer here, How to wrap gyoza)
  3.  In a medium non-stick frying pan, heat oil on medium high heat. When the pan is hot, place gyoza in a row (touching each other) at the center and place the rest of gyoza to fill up the entire pan.
  4. Cook gyoza until lightly browned. Add in water and reduced heat. Cover and allow gyoza to steam until the water is gone.
  5. Serve hot with chilli padi dipping sauce.
I am linking this post to Little Thumbs Up "Prawn" for March 2014 
Hosted by Moon from Food Playground and organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY
Have a great weekend ahead !

26 comments:

  1. Wow, I can see that the pleating look neat and perfect. If me... not every piece look the same pleating at all. The filling sounds really delicious as I love prawns alot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I think pleating is easy by using the gyoza wrapper recommended by Sonia, you can try it next time :)

      Delete
  2. 啊!!!!我猛吞口水啊这个,赞,料多实在:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 老师,不要猛吞口水,让我夹一片给你尝一尝!:)

      Delete
  3. 哇。。。太棒了,我带一些回家ok。越看越饿咯。咔咔咔~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 好的,马上打包给你带回家和家人分享!嘻嘻嘻!

      Delete
  4. 最近我爱上吃饺子,不管是煎的还有煮的。。。一样爱!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 太好了,有饺子kaki陪我吃!来你一口,我一口,哈哈哈!

      Delete
  5. I love the shrimp filling of these Jiaozi! You did a great job in pleating these dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 这个我也大爱叻,我要去你家按门铃咯!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 我也要去和爱人去你家按门铃了, 留一些给我们俩哦!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eileen & May, 你们这对爱人要来,我的马上set table, 放鲜花, 欢迎你们哦!哈哈哈!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 哇!esther, 咱们再次见面,可以顺便把这个虾仁鸡肉玉米饺子,一起带来吗?"哈哈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 嗨美女,请你吃没问题,不过你要带那个吃多几片也不觉得膩的
      轻芝士蛋糕来交换哦! 呵呵!

      Delete
  10. Looks delicious! I could finish the whole plate! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 我来了!是奔着你家的日式饺子来的!
    哈。。。。。这个好料我当然是空着肚子来的,所以。。。。。。。。。。。
    1个,2个,3个,。。。。。。。。。。。多多都不够,哈。。。。。。

    ReplyDelete
  12. 这个好好吃的哦。等我假期回来才开工。哈哈哈 。。。

    ReplyDelete
  13. 我冰厨有一包饺子皮,这食谱来的真是时候,谢谢分享 ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Esther.
    饺子 is my favourite. Ok. Will learn how to make it.
    Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Esther, I like Gyoza but I am not very good in pleating. Yours looked perfectly pleated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The filling you choose sounds great - ooo and Malaysian inspired dip :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Esther, I want to order 1 dozen please with extra dipping sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Esther,
    Your gyoza are so neatly pleated and the filling is my type too.
    Can I have half a dozen please..:D
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Esther,

    Being a vege person, I like the way you add carrot and corn in your gyoza but sadly, I can't eat your prawn gyoza because I'm allergy to prawns. Nevertheless, I like the way you use this recipe as blank canvas to cook the kind of gyoza that you like the most. Brilliant!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete