I love Gyoza so much and have tried to make them a few times.
This time, I experimenting new recipe by replacing the filling with prawn,chicken and corn instead of ground pork. As for dipping sauce, I swap it with my own mixed chilli padi (bird's eyes chilli)dipping sauce. It turn out to my liking and I hope you will enjoy this Malaysian style gyoza too :)
Prawn, Chicken & Corn Gyoza 虾仁鸡肉玉米饺子
(Inspired by : Nasi lemak Lover)
Filling ingredients200g chicken mince
100g prawn meat, chopped
5 tbsp corn kernel
12cm carrot, chopped finely
Spring onion, chopped finely
1 tsp Japanese light soy sauce
1 tsp chicken powder
1 tsp salt or to taste
200g Gyoza wrappers
For each frying
Chilli padi dipping sauce
3 chilli padi (bird's eyes chili), sliced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped finely
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2-3 limes juices
- In a mixing bowl, use hand to mix all filling ingredients until sticky.
- Wrap filling with gyoza wrappers. (refer here, How to wrap gyoza)
- In a medium non-stick frying pan, heat oil on medium high heat. When the pan is hot, place gyoza in a row (touching each other) at the center and place the rest of gyoza to fill up the entire pan.
- Cook gyoza until lightly browned. Add in water and reduced heat. Cover and allow gyoza to steam until the water is gone.
- Serve hot with chilli padi dipping sauce.
I am linking this post to Little Thumbs Up "Prawn" for March 2014
Hosted by Moon from Food Playground and organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY
Have a great weekend ahead !