(Recipe adapted from May@厨苑食谱)
half chicken and 1 dumstick (I used 3 drumstick)
120g coconut milk
2tbsp water + 1 1/2 tbsp tamarind paste/assam jawa
3 cloves garlic
5 stalk lemongrass
10 fresh chilis (I used 4 fresh chilis)
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
- Blend all the spices ingredients until fine.
- Mix chicken with all the ingredient and marinate overnight or a couple of hours.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil. Arrange drumsticks on the baking tray.
- Preheat oven at 200C and bake for 40 mins.
- Turn the drumsticks over and continue to bake for 30 mins or until cooked.