Saturday, February 22, 2014

Fried Prawns with Chilli, Garlic and Salt (香椒蒜盐虾)

My friend brought me some prawns from her hometown which immediately trigger my taste bud to prepare Phong Hong's BIG Prawns recipe.  
Alamakkkkk!!!!! This dish is very tempting. Even though I'm on diet but still I couldn't resist to take extra rice :) 

Big thanks to Phong Hong for this delicious and flavorful recipe.
Fried Prawns with Chilli, Garlic and Salt (香椒蒜盐虾)
(Recipe source: adapted from Phong Hong@Phong Hong Bakes with minor changes in orange colour)

Ingredients :
- 8 large prawns
- enough oil to fry the prawns

Chilli, Garlic and Salt paste :
- 8 dried chillies, soaked to soften
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 inch belacan/shrimp paste

 2 tbsp whipping cream
Method :
1. Heat oil in wok and deep fry the prawns until cooked. Drain on paper towels and      
     set aside.
2. Blend chillies, garlic and salt.
3. In the same oil used to fry the prawns, saute the paste until it is aromatic and 
     slightly browned.
4. Return the prawns into the wok and stir to evenly coat the prawns with sauteed 
     ingredients and whipping cream. 
5. Serve immediately.
Happy Weekend! 

15 comments:

  1. Drool-worthy! I could finish the whole plate at one go, Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 我也喜欢吃虾,前阵子虾好贵,我都没能买回来吃
    这次我要下重本了,嘻嘻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give mea Big bowl of Rice.... Drooling ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drooling, looking at your delicious, wicked prawns! I love prawns and these looks scrumptious and so, so, good! Forget the rice, I could finish the whole plate of this yummilicious prawns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 我知道你在等我等到心痛,所以快快赶来陪你吃夜宵了,嘻嘻!
    为了弥补你的心痛, 今天破例的我帮你剥虾壳, 哈哈哈。。。

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at the prawns definitely brings out one appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wah! Esther, thanks for the mention. Got belacan, got whipping cream! They look very delicious and next time when big prawns come my way, I will try your version!

    ReplyDelete
  8. finger licking good! i get food ecstasy just by looking at this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Esther, I'm on diet too but also can't resist to have extra rice with these delicious prawns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These prawns look delicious! Prawns and garlic= MY FAVORITE :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Esther, your prawns are also huge & both your version & Phong Hong's version also look delicious to me! Even the chilli paste can go very well with the white boiled rice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am drooling all over again! Looks as good as Phong Hong's:)

    ReplyDelete