这是我第三款新年饼干 ~ 抹茶酥饼。这个抹茶饼干微甜，香脆，入口充满抹茶清香。
Here comes my third Chinese New Year cookies ~ Matcha shortbread cookies!
I really love matcha. I love everything made of matcha such as matcha cake, matcha ice-cream, matcha milk tea, matcha latte, etc...
These are sugar coated cookies so they are slightly sweet but crunchy and chock full of the taste of matcha. Matcha Lover will like it!
(Recipe source : adapted from Abusymom's Blog)
3 large egg yolks
1 1/2 tbsp matcha green tea powder
150g unsalted butter, room temperature
100g caster sugar
150g cater sugar (to coat the dough) (I use 100g)
- Whisk the confectioner's sugar and matcha powder together.
- Beat the butter and matcha sugar mixture together in a stand mixer (use paddle attachment) until the butter is smooth and light.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Mix in the egg yolks until they are incorporated and the dough comes together.
- Gather the dough into a ball and flatten it into a thick disc. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for a least 30 minutes or until it is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Use a small cookies cutter (about 2-inches) to cut shape from the dough.
- Roll the cut dough in granulated sugar and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until they begin to turn golden at the edges.