Thursday, January 23, 2014

Matcha Shortbread Cookies (抹茶酥饼)

一直都很喜欢抹茶那一 抹淡淡的綠色,淡淡的清香。
无论是抹茶饼干,抹茶蛋糕,抹茶冰淇淋,奶茶,拿铁咖啡等等,一律通杀 :)
这是我第三款新年饼干 ~ 抹茶酥饼这个抹茶饼干微甜,香脆,入口充满抹茶清香。
Here comes my third Chinese New Year cookies ~ Matcha shortbread cookies!
I really love matcha. I love everything made of matcha such as matcha cake, matcha ice-cream, matcha milk tea, matcha latte, etc...
These are sugar coated cookies so they are slightly sweet but crunchy and chock full of the taste of matcha. Matcha Lover will like it! 
Matcha Shortbread Cookies (抹茶饼干)
(Recipe source : adapted from Abusymom's Blog)

3 large egg yolks
1 1/2 tbsp matcha green tea powder
125g flour
150g unsalted butter, room temperature
100g caster sugar

150g cater sugar (to coat the dough) (I use 100g)

Method :
  1. Whisk the confectioner's sugar and matcha powder together.
  2. Beat the butter and matcha sugar mixture together in a stand mixer (use paddle attachment) until the butter is smooth and light.
  3. Add the flour and stir until just combined.
  4. Mix in the egg yolks until they are incorporated and the dough comes together.
  5. Gather the dough into a ball and flatten it into a thick disc. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for a least 30 minutes or until it is firm.
  6. Preheat the oven to 160C.
  7. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
  8. Use a small cookies cutter (about 2-inches) to cut shape from the dough.
  9. Roll the cut dough in granulated sugar and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
  10. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until they begin to turn golden at the edges.
 I am linking this post to Bake Along event, Chinese New Year Cookies for the month of Jan 2014 organised by Lena of Frozen Wing, 

15 comments:

  1. I love match anything as well! What a nice bite for the spring festival

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I love anything with matcha but hardly uses it to bake cookies. And, I absolutely love shortbread too, as they are very buttery in taste. I thought I could smell the aroma just by looking at your cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 我要我要,我要抹茶饼干
    因为我泡了咖啡,呵呵

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice... i want to eat the cookies now..yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. 抹茶味的饼干夫人还没有试过。。
    夫人要一颗星星。。。
    好喜欢那撒在饼干上的细糖 。。

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like matcha and shortbread too, so this is a great combination! Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 我也来帮你通杀这些饼干, 呵呵!
    今天我很听话, 因为我想吃这亮晶晶的细糖饼干, 嘻嘻。。。

    ReplyDelete
  8. 都做三款了,真快手!
    而且一款比一款好料,想把人诱惑至流口水吗?
    我不管了,每款我都要吃,谁叫你害人失态了,哈。。。。。。。

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color & sugar coated too . Lovely & YUM ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 嘿!这款抹茶曲奇,我家男人好爱,我可以试试咧!谢谢你,饼干做得漂亮又吸引人。

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Esther,
    Nice cookies! Looks so pretty and great flavours with the matcha!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too love green tea cookies. These look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love matcha green tea flavour. I am always on the lookout for cakes and cookies with matcha flavour, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Esther the matcha lover,

    I can appreciate matcha as much as you do but I'm holding back any green tea bakes due to the caffeine in tea... hmmm. Now, my boy has grown up, maybe it is time that I should liberate myself and bake these yummy cookies :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi esther, i think shortbread makes a great cookies for cny as an alternative to butter cookies and matcha is a nice flavour.

    ReplyDelete