Wednesday, January 15, 2014

German Butter Cookies (德国奶酥)

German Butter Cookies is suppose my last CNY assignment but I postpone it to this year :)) Anyway is better to be late than never, right!? Finally I'm truly, deeply, madly happy to taste this very popular ”Melt-in-mouth" cookies, Yummy!
German Butter Cookies (德国奶酥)

A.  250g Butter, 80g Icing Sugar (sifted)
B.  250g Potato Starch, 100g cake flour
C.  1 tsp Cocoa Powder

Method:
  1. Beat butter and icing sugar till light and fluffy.
  2. Sift in potato starch and cake flour.Mix with a spatula to form a soft dough. (if the mixture too soft, leave the dough to chill in fridge for 20 minutes.
  3. Divide the batter into three portion. Mix 1/3 with cocoa powder, mix well.
  4. Roll 1/2 tsp of cocoa powder with plain batter to form a ball, arrange on lined baking pan and press lightly with a fork.
  5. Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 15-20 minutues.
I am linking this post to Bake Along event, Chinese New Year Cookies for the month of Jan 2014 organised by Lena of Frozen Wing, Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Esther
    It seem like many have baked this and just awhile ago Yen (Eat Your Heart Out) also have posted this cookies too. I am sure this cookies sounds to be absolutely yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther,
    This cookie is really popular! I have seen so many of our blogger friends making this too. I can imagine the melt-in-the-mouth texture that everyone says! Definitely sounds good to me!
    Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 好一段日子没吃过这个了
    想想,好像有三四年没做过了呢
    哈哈

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yumm...they look awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  5. 看过有很多家都做了这个年饼, 你也做的很漂亮, 我在考虑要不要动手做呢!
    让我先拿几块试试先, 嘻嘻!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Esther,

    Last CNY assignment???... hee hee At least, you have baked these delicious cookies. I have bookmarked this recipe too and it is still in my to-bake list :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Esther, I too had bookmarked this delicious cookies from last year's entries for Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover's CNY event and made them this year:P Glad I did it as they were so delicious! I would try to add in other flavors like green tea and chocolate the next time I make these:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Esther, this is pretty - half cocoa and half regular. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh.... marble marble german butter cookies! different indeed.... love love

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really tasty but I find very difficult to shape it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 对咯,夫人也觉得有点困难搓圆。。嘻嘻。。夫人想用挤花的方法。。呵呵!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally you turn to make this popular CNY cookies, with cocoa flavours, must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i just came over from yen's blog and she made these too, plain looks nice and now seeing your marbled ones sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete