German Butter Cookies (德国奶酥）
A. 250g Butter, 80g Icing Sugar (sifted)
B. 250g Potato Starch, 100g cake flour
C. 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- Beat butter and icing sugar till light and fluffy.
- Sift in potato starch and cake flour.Mix with a spatula to form a soft dough. (if the mixture too soft, leave the dough to chill in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Divide the batter into three portion. Mix 1/3 with cocoa powder, mix well.
- Roll 1/2 tsp of cocoa powder with plain batter to form a ball, arrange on lined baking pan and press lightly with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 15-20 minutues.
I am linking this post to Bake Along event, Chinese New Year Cookies for the month of Jan 2014 organised by Lena of Frozen Wing, Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.