托Sonia师傅 的福，我才可以吃到这么美味的紅葱烤排， 谢谢哦！
Happy and Blessed New Year 2014 to all !
Sorry, I 'm late because just back from my hometown.
As usual kind of simple ingredients and method are always my first choice for cooking. This Chinese Spareribs with Shallots recipe is just suit my cooking style.
Thank you to Sonia for sharing this absolutely fabulous recipe, it become my keeper now :)
In fact this spareribs should be in a big and thick look, but unfortunately the Butcher has chopped them into small pieces without my notice..Wu~
Anyway, the shape doesn't affect the taste, they still Oishii!!!! Hehe...
Chinese Spareribs with shallots 紅葱烤排
900g prime pork spareribs
1/3 cup light soy sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese cooking rice wine
2 pieces star anise
10-15 shallots (depend on the size), removed skin and lightly crushed
3 slices ginger
2 cups water
3 tablespoon cooking oil
½ teaspoon salt or to taste
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce or dark caramel soy sauce
½ tablespoon rock sugar or to taste
Some chopped shallots, spring onion and chili for garnishing
- Wash and clean pork spareribs, pat dry with kitchen towels. Marinate with light soy sauce and cooking wine for several hours in the fridge.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom wok/pot, add in shallots and sauté till brown and aroma. Add in pork spareribs, lightly fry till both sides turned golden brown.
- Add water, light soy sauce (from marinated sauce), dark soy sauce, ginger and star anise into the wok/pot, boil over high heat. Once boiled, reduce to low heat, continue to braise for about 1 hour (check from time to time and stir the ribs).
- Once the meat is fork tendered, add in the rock sugar and adjust the taste by adding salt or more rock sugar.
- Turn on to high heat to thicken the sauce if any, otherwise dish out and garnish with chopped shallots, serve with rice.