1，2，3.....Times flies! It has been a year since I started to blog. Today is Copycake Kitchen 1st Anniversary! Thank you to all my readers and followers.
During the past one year I have learned a lot of baking skills and knowledge through blogging. It's an interesting and wonderful experience in my life.
Besides, I have gain more familiar with camera handling and end up falling in love with photography.
My biggest encouragement to continue blogging is derived from people like you guys, knowing you will relentlessly give me your wonderful recipes, tips and comments.
Today I have my gingerbread men to celebrate with me my 1st Blog Anniversary!
(Recipe source : adapted from cookbook 可爱造型饼干72变by Maggie page 61)
35g Unsalted Butter
30g Caster Sugar
200g Low Protein Flour
10g Cocoa Powder
2g Baking Soda
1g Cinnamon Powder
1g Nutmeg Powder (豆蔻粉) ( I don't use this)
Royal Icing (White & Pink) (See below)
- In a bowl, beat all the Ingredients A until well combined or smooth & creamy.
- Fold in all the sifted flour (Ingredients B),mix well to form a dough.
- on a lightly floured surface (use high protein flour), roll out the dough to a thickness of 0.3cm.
- Use gingerbread cutter to cut out the shapes. Place cookies on a lined baking pan.
- Preheat over at 180C and bake for 12 minutes.
- Leave it to cool in wire rack and decorate as your desire.
Royal Icing using Egg Whites
- 35g Egg Whites
- 2g Lemon juice
- 80g Icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 small drop rose food colouring (For Pink royal icing)
- In a bowl mix egg white and lemon juice with hand whisk. Add in the sifted icing sugar, mix well until combined.
- Add in rose food colouring (for pink royal icing).
I am sharing this post with Cook-Your- Books #7 hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours