Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Spicy Thai Fish Cake (Tod Mun Pla) 泰式辣鱼饼

I always love Thai food but has n0 experience in cooking it. Guess this month is going to be an interesting month for me to search for recipe and prepare Thai cuisine for AFF-Thailand. Thai fish cake is a common yet delicious Thai food. I would prefer to name it as Thai fish ball cuz I shaped them round like a fish ball rather than the flatten shape it is commonly known to be.




Spicy Thai Fish Cake (Tod Mun Pla) 泰式辣鱼饼
(Recipe reference from here & here with some changes)
(Makes : about 15 pcs)

Ingredients:
400g Fish paste
1 egg
1/2 tbsp fish sauce
4 Kaffir lime leaves, cut into fine thin strips
1-2 tbsp red curry paste (I blended 3:3:3 fresh red chilis:garlic(cloves):shallots, 1/2 tbsp curry powder)
6-8 green beans, finely sliced

Method :

  1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients to form a smooth fish paste.
  2. Heat up a pot of oil over medium heat.  Wet your hands and pick up the fish paste (about the size of a ping pong ball). Use your palms to flatten it and make it into a patty (I didn't flatten it)
  3. Fry the fish cakes in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
  4. Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce.

I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest (Thailand) - November Month 
Enjoy!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Esther,
    Ooo....I learnt a new Thai dish from you today! I bet this fish balls taste absolutely delicious with its spicyness in there.....my...you are making me hungry when it is about my bedtime now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made something similar before, so I know these are really really really DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 呵呵,这个我要学上来
    每次吃泰国餐我都order的:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 这个好吃, 我要吃。。。看到口水都流了,多难看啊! 嘻嘻

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is my favourite la.. i could have the whole plate with plain rice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 哇!你家大装修呀!
    焕然一新! 喜欢!
    也喜欢你的新菜,食谱拿走了,谢谢!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am I at a restaurant? These r beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. i thot of making these too if i have time but i doubt now with all the events going on. whether it is round or flat shape, i bet they are delicious! thx for making these and share it with AFF-Thai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry..can you provide the source of recipe too or your reference ? thanks!

      Delete
  9. 我也要学,因为我没吃过。。。

    ReplyDelete
  10. Esther, these fish cakes/balls are very aromatic and tasty. But I am too lazy to make them hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Esther,
    Loved these spicy fish cakes..look delish...lovely pics

    ReplyDelete
  12. 这个吃起来应该很爽口,很赞。喜欢喜欢。

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Esther, bet this is so fragrant from the kaffir lime leaves. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Esther,
    Looks delicious, no matter what shape they are, these would be gone in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Esther,
    I saw these Thai fish cake recipe the other day. Was thinking of trying it too.
    Bet yours are very delish! Look good!
    mui

    ReplyDelete