Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

京都排骨(Kyoto/Jing Du Spare Ribs)

煮过京都排骨好多次了!不过,我超爱今天这个食谱,有好东西就希望和大家分享!
谢谢Cass的推荐!
I have cook Kyoto/Jing Du spare ribs many times and finally found a great recipe that I am happy to share  with you all. Hope it will suit your taste too :)
京都排骨(Kyoto/Jing Du Spare Ribs)
(Recipe source adapted from Cass@ 揾到食, originally from Veronica's Kitchen)

Ingredients
A) Spare ribs
600g spare ribs
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp garlic

B) Marinate 
1/2 tbsp fermented red beancurd (南乳)
1/4 tsp five spice powder
1 tbsp chinese rose wine (I used Shao Hsing Hua Diao wine)
1/2 tbsp chicken stock (optional) 
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 sesame oil

C) Sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp tomato sauce
4 tablespoon chinese vinegar ( 浙醋)
1tbsp worcestershire sauce (急汁)

D) Garnish
Spring onion

Method : 
  1. Cut the spare rib into short pieces, mix well with ingredient B and marinate for at least 1 hour (I marinated it overnight).
  2. Mix the corn flour with the marinated spare ribs, then fry in hot oil till golden brown and cooked. Dish and drain.
  3. Heat up 2 tablespoon of oil and fry the diced garlic till fragrant. Put in the fried spare rib, mix well and add chinese wine. Add in the sauce mixture and quickly stir fry the spare ribs for a minute.
  4. Dish out onto a plate and garnish with spring onion. 
Happy Eating!!!

18 comments:

  1. 这个我也很喜欢,配碑酒更是一级棒呢。。:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, 这提议不错, 干杯,干杯! 哈哈!

      Delete
  2. I remember I cooked this dish before but the dish came out to be too sourish to me...ok.ok..you convinced me now and Would like to give this version a try. Indeed looking at your pic here it look so good..lke the restaurant quality and the colour of the meat so deicious looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, give it a try and hope you will like it :)

      Delete
  3. 比餐馆的排骨还好吃呢,哈哈。。
    你煮的排骨很漂亮哦,红彤彤的 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 红彤彤,好意头哦!太好吃,谢谢你的好介绍 :)

      Delete
  4. wow They look lipsmackingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther,
    Wow! Your Jing du ribs looks like those on the restaurant! Must try :D
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy! I love this but I usually omit the baking soda as I do not like the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 色泽很漂亮呢,一定好好吃!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my first reaction when this appeared on my screen was "PHOA!" this is such an elegant dish! or its the way you did it i guess.. if it's me.. ha.... burnt! now... chopsticks ready.... and i 开动了哈!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can have a big bowl of rice just to take this Jing du spare ribs, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks delicious! I like the appetizing vibrant colour of this dish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 红彤彤的好诱人,收入年菜菜单里,呵呵(^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 这个我之前弄过一次,只是记得吃,就不记得拍照片。

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this 京都排骨!The spare ribs looks tender, and the gravy looks so tempting! I'll use the rice to lick up all the gravy...Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wah! Esther, I only had salad today and when I looked at your spare ribs, aiyo beh tahan lioa!

    ReplyDelete