之前在Helena's Kitchen看到这个万人迷 ~ 小山卷时，就对它一见钟情。但是一想到它是外卷法，我又Hold住了。近期看到网上的姐妹一个个都成功征服“小山”，也激发我尝试的勇气！
第一次做外卷法，从开始到结束, 都是战战惊惊。好担心那层“外衣”破裂或颜色烘得不均匀。 幸好一切还顺利， 没被我搞到破破烂烂的，哈哈！
Due to my busy work schedule, eating outside is become a norm. My happy baking and cooking time is only available on weekend.
Japanese Honey Swiss Roll (小山卷) is the best seller at Japan. It can sell up to 2,000 pieces a day and you need to make a pre-order one month in advance. Can't imagine right?! This swiss roll is soft, spongy and super delicious, have you try it ?Don't miss it :)
Japanese Honey Swiss Roll (日本小山卷）(Recipe source adapted from Helena's Kitchen)
A. 105g (6) Egg Yolk. 10g Sugar, 25g Honey
B. 65g Cake flour (or 60g cake flour + 5g Corn flour)
C. 140g (4) Egg white, 60g Sugar, 0.5g Salt
D. 15g Butter, 30g Milk
E. 150g Whipping cream, 10g Icing sugar, strawberries
- Sift cake flour for twice.
- In a bowl mix together all Ingredients (A). Place the bowl over a sauce pan of simmering water(about 40°C), whisk all the time till pale in colour.
- In another bowl, use mixer to beat egg white with salt, add in sugar at 3 batches. Beat until soft peak form.
- Add the sifted cake flour into egg yolk mixture (2), mixed to combine (mixture is a bit sticky)
- Fold in egg white mixture (3) at 2 batches, use a spatula to combine till well.
- Warm up ingredients (D) butter and milk over low heat. (40°C）
- Add 2-3 tbsp egg white mixture (5) to (6), mixed well and pour back into (5), fold to combine.
- Pour the batter into lined baking tray. Smooth out the corners with a scraper. Give the tray some tap to remove big bubbles.
- Bake for 180C for 15 mins (middle rack) (I baked for 20-25 mins)
- Once the sponge cake done, remove from pan and transfer to wire rack to cool, peel off the sides of baking sheet (Bottom baking sheet no need to peel off).
- Invert the sponge cake and remove the baking sheet.
- Carefully turn the sponge cake onto a piece of baking sheet.
- Spread evenly the layer of whipped cream over the sponge cake. Arrange the strawberries and roll it up gently and tightly.
- Wrap and chill for at least 2 hours. Slice to serve.