Crispy, Crispy, Crispy!!!Crispy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
(Recipe source adapted from Fabtastic Eats with minor changes)
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (170g)
1/2 cup brown sugar (80g)
1/2 cup white sugar (90g)
1/2 of a large egg (whisk it and cut in half)
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (130g-I used instant oats)
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (172g)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (I don't use)
1/2 tsp nutmeg (I don't use)
3/4 cups raisins (100g)
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the old fashioned oats, flour,salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Fold the dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Roll about 1 1/2 tablespoon each into balls, place on baking sheet, slightly flatten.
- Preheated oven at 180C and bake 9-10 minutes (190C at 20-25 minutes).
- Leave it to cool and store in air-tight container.
November 2013 - Oats
I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Vivian of Vivian Pang's Kitchen.