Saturday, October 12, 2013

Japanese Miso Soup (日本味噌汤)

I love to start my meal with a bowl of hot soup, but I always have limited time to prepare a soup after back from office. In order to have a healthy and convenient soup for my dinner, Miso soup is the best option for me. You may add any ingredients or leftovers in your fridge to prepare this soup.  

Hence, I am glad to share with you all my Soup of the day-Miso soup with tofu and seaweed, hope you like it.

我喜欢喝热汤,但平时又没空煲老火汤。所以,味噌汤成了我最佳的选择。因为它简单,美味又健康。可以依自己喜欢或冰厨所剩的材料,煮出多样化的味噌汤。

今天就分享这个营养丰富的豆腐海带味噌汤。希望大家天天都健健康康,开开心心!
Dried seaweed that I bought from Korea last year. 
去年在韩国带回来的海带。
Miso Soup (味噌汤)

Ingredients:
3 cups homemade dashi stock (kombu + bonito flakes+water, boil for 20 minutes)
1 block tofu
3-4 tbsp miso paste (I use red (aka)miso 
2 tsp dried seaweed
1 chopped green onion

Method:
  1. Put dashi stock in a pan and bring to a boil. 
  2. Cut tofu into small cubes and add them to the soup.
  3. Add in dried seaweed, simmer for few minutes.
  4. Scoop out some soup stock from the pan and dissolve miso in it.
  5. Stir the soup gently. Lastly add chopped green onion.
Dozo! 请慢用!
Oct 2013 - Soya Beans
I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up Event hosted by 
Mich of Piece of Cake 
 and organized by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY)

21 comments:

  1. Looks delightful! More seaweed for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem,Angie. I also like more seaweed to go with miso soup, yummy :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Esther
    Aaah....this is the soup that I can make in a jiffy when I dont have any ingredients to boil soup. Miso soup is my rescue! And I usually add extra seaweed....so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mel. Just simply as that yet no harm to have it everyday :)

      Delete
  3. 我来喝汤咯。。。。。哈。。。。。真美味!!!
    同时,我也来欣赏那对好有和风味的筷子,精致!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunty Young, 那我就用这个有和风味的筷子来招待你吧!嘻嘻!

      Delete
  4. Hi, may I ask which brand of miso is good ? Can I buy it from supermarket like Giant ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison, I personally prefer Marukome Boy Miso Paste (red) and Hanamaruki shinshu misoshiro (white), I quite comfortable with these two brand. You can get them from Aeon, Isetan Supermarket or any Japanese store. Hope it can help you.

      Delete
  5. 我来喝汤了, 隔夜的也无所谓, 来一碗大大的! 哈哈
    其实我不太爱吃日本餐, 但是Eshter你亲自煮的, 我喝, 嘻嘻!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May,其实日本餐很健康的,鼓励你多吃,对身体有益哦!
      啊呀,汤冷了,让我把它加热再请你吃!哈哈~

      Delete
  6. And you know what I like to add in too? Udon noodle, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup!!! Sounds fantastic, thanks for sharing, Jessie :)

      Delete
  7. Esther, 开餐前来碗热腾腾的汤暖暖胃是最后不过的了。

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Esther,

    Love your Jap-style instant food idea :D

    My sister-in-law did the same too... She likes to cook her miso with all vege, seafood with Udon noodles. Btw, to clarify, Jessie is not my SIL - LOL!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. miso soup is also my one stop solution for days when I have no time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 这个汤品是我们家的最爱!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Esther, two bowls for me with extra tofu and seaweed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Esther,
    This soup indeed so simple and delish!!
    Thanks for sharing this to LTU!!
    mui

    ReplyDelete