Saturday, September 21, 2013

Kuih Syara (小花班兰糕)


这是我家乡"古晋"非常普遍的一个糕点。在街边卖糕点摊子上都会出现,随处可得的东西总是不太珍惜, 甚至不知道它真正的名称?
离乡背井后,才开始想念这糕点。试过多次上网找这食谱, 但一直找不着。。。
直到近期我在Mui Mui家看这个食谱。哇!心中有说不出的开心!真的非常谢谢Mui Mui无私的分享 :) 

这小花班兰糕有着QQ 的口感, 充满浓郁的香兰椰浆香。 嚼在嘴里,顿时勾起了记忆中美好的味道。。。

Kuih Syara is a popular traditional pastry that you can find almost everywhere in my hometown, Kuching. Ever since moving to Kuala Lumpur years ago, I have been craving for this local delicacy. I missed the tender loving texture so much that one will never have enough with just one bite.....not to mention the pandan and coconut milk aroma that filled the atmosphere. Simply too hard to resist.  

I have been looking for this recipe through friends and websites, but always end up with disappointment since no one seem to know her actual name. It is only by chance that Mui Mui unselfishly shared this recipe in her blog. You could only imagine my surprise and joy after seeing this. Please don't ask me how did the name came by cause I don't know either. Anyway, just thanks God for such a wonderful creation. 

Kuih Syara (小花班兰糕)
(Recipe adapted from : Mui Mui - My Little Favourite DIY)

Ingredients:
A)
 200ml coconut milk
80ml pandan juice

B)
140g castor sugar (reduce to 120g)
3 eggs

C)
280g all purpose flour (reduce to 270g)
2tsp double action baking powder - sift together with all purpose flour

Method:
  1. Mixed A - pandan coconut milk and B- castor sugar, eggs together and add in C- flour and double action baking powder. Mixed into a smooth batter. If there is still lumps just sift the batter with a sieve.
  2. Put the mould onto a hub or stove with flame just touching the bottom of mould. Oiled the mould with the pandan brush and heat up the mould for less then 1 minutes.
  3. Spoon some batter into the mould filling up about 80% of the mould. When the batter starts bubbling, cover the mould with a pot cover. Wait for it to cook for 2-3 minutes. When you see the surface of the cake it cook, then pick the cake up with a bamboo skewer.
  4. Put the cake on a wire race to cool. Serve.

September 2013 - Pandan (班兰飘香)
I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up Event hosted by

HAPPY WEEKEND!

28 comments:

  1. I like I like, look very similar like Kuih cara manis, next time I also want to try out..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonia, honestly I never eat Kuih cara manis before, but from the pictures they're look alike sisters, hahaha....

      Delete
  2. 噢!!原来Esther你来自古晋啊!
    这糕我每次回去家婆家都一定会买,一次可以吞好多粒耶!哈哈。。。
    我也找了这食谱好久,直到看到mui的分享,是乐透了^^
    再两个月我就要搬回古晋了,以后可以天天买来吃~嘻嘻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哟!羡慕你叻,不过天天吃应该也会腻吧~哈哈!!!!
      吃时记得要想起我噢!:)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Angie, I love these little flowers too :)

      Delete
  4. 做得很漂亮呢,外形很像鸡蛋糕,原来不是!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey, 这是用鸡蛋糕的模型做的,但不是鸡蛋糕哦!嘻嘻!
      送你几朵小花吧!

      Delete
  5. 糕点的颜色和形状我都好喜欢
    肯定美味极了

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 老师,这小花很香,好吃。快来嚐一嚐!

      Delete
  6. 一朵朵漂亮又好吃的小花,看了都喜欢。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 我也喜欢这小花,可以边吃边欣赏:)

      Delete
  7. 好漂亮的糕点, 非常的可爱!
    Esther, 我还没吃过这个糕点, 有机会也要试试, 谢谢你的分享!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May,谢谢你喜欢。这是传统糕点,容易做又好吃,试试看吧!;)

      Delete
  8. Esther, this kueh is pretty and I like the inside. Outside looks crispy and inside is soft. I know I will eat a lot if I make this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comSeptember 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM

    This kueh is so beautiful and tempting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have never tasted it before is it good

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Esther,

    Like what Sonia said... I like I like I like... them too. These nostalgic kuihs look wonderful :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Esther,
    Your little cute cakes looks so pretty and delicious! Perfect with a cup of teh-O!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 漂亮的小花,我想味道一定也很赞,先来你家拿一个有空才动手,嘻嘻嘻!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am not aware of these kuih , very pretty looking..what a pity that i hv not eaten these before..

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi, though this is not the right place for this question, KL caught my eye. my apologies first. I am searching for karipap mould that comes in three sizes (small medium large). can u suggest a place where i can get these molds that make perfect impressions like store bought. thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry for the late reply. I think you can get the karipap mould at those supermarket like Aeon, Giant, Tesco or Bake with yen and Bagus solution at any of the branches. Hope it will help you.

      Delete
  16. Oh...your Kuih Syara are so adorable. I wish I have the cute pan to make these treats.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Esther,
    Your kuih syara are beautifully made.
    Bet you are so excited to have the first bite after making these :p
    Sees the honey comb texure of the kuih feel so good hor..
    Glad that you like the recipe.
    Thanks for the shout out :)
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  18. this kuah looks exactly like what I been craving for years... unable to find it spore at all. So Glad that I saw this post... definitely will try this out n hopefully can find back the childhood taste...

    ReplyDelete