Although there are lots of new flavour chiffon cake these days, but I tend to miss those classic pandan and orange chiffon cake occasionally. Hence, I would like to share this orange chiffon cake today to reminiscent those classic taste and memory.
Love the natural citrus flavour and the lightness of sponge.
Orange Chiffon Cake (橘子戚风蛋糕）
(Recipe adapted from Eileen's Diary)
18cm (7 inch) tube pan
3 eggs yolk
50ml corn oil
50ml orange juice
60ml low protein flour
10g corn flour
A pinch of salt
3 egg white
50g castor sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 170c.
- Whisk (A) till well combined, set aside.
- In another bowl, use mixer to beat the eggs white and add in (lemon juice + sugar) at 3 batches. Beat until stiff peak form.
- Fold in 1/3 of eggs white into egg yolk batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Give the tin a few slight knocks on the tabletop to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Invert to cool down completely before unmoulding.
EGG - August 2013
I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up event hosted by Yen (Eat Your Heart Out) and organized by Zoe (Bake for happy kids) and Mui Mui (My little favourite DIY)