Friday, July 19, 2013

Raisin Roll Buns (葡萄干微波面包)& 肉桂面包(免揉) Cinnamon Rolls (No Knead)

最近有一些事情需要深层思考和决定。
所以,上来报到的次数也少了。
可怜的部落格,也被冷落了!
现在回来分享一些旧作做补偿 。。。

旧作(一)- 葡萄干微波面包
微波面包和Kopitiam 面包都是网络人气面包。
两个我都喜欢。。。
对微波面包还余情未了,所以又开炉了!
它那柔软口感和淡淡的奶香味,足已迁动我心!
之前做过玉米口味,这次选用葡萄干。

I slow down my blog activities recently due to issue require deep concentration for decision making. Now I'm back to share some of my old posts.

Old post # 1  - Raisin Roll Buns
I Can't help falling in love with these soft rolls buns!
做完面包后,已经没有什么力气了!所以,只是简单的’咔嚓’ 几张照片,便收工了。
I'm tired after baking these buns, so I tried to finish my shooting ASAP.
用回这里的食谱,只是馅料换成葡萄干。
Use the same recipe here, only replace the filling with raisin.
*********************************************************************************
旧作(二)肉桂面包
若干年前,我曾疯狂地爱上Cinnabon 的肉桂面包!
若干年后,它启动我自制肉桂面包的欲望!嘿嘿!

Old post #2 - Cinnamon Rolls
Once upon a time,  I was craving for Cinnabon's cinnamon rolls, they are absolutely delicious!!! Today, I'm encourage to make my own. 
外表有点像IKEA售卖的肉桂面包,你觉得呢?嘻嘻!
Do they look similar to the one sell at IKEA's Restaurant? (also without frosting) LOL....
我可以接受肉桂粉加在面包或餅干里我。但绝对不是加入蛋糕中,不知为何?
I can accept cinnamon powder added into my bread and cookie, but don't like it on cake??? Just wonder why?
第一次作品(十月份 2012)
This is my first attempt @ Oct 2012 
肉桂面包(免揉) Cinnamon Rolls (No Knead)
(Recipe adapted from : Happy Home Baking, original recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks)
(makes 12 -15 rolls)

Ingredients:

for Dough:
250ml (1 cup) milk (I used low fat fresh milk)
50g (1/4 cup) sugar (I used brown sugar)
62.5ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
1 teaspoon Instant yeast (or 1.5 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast)
250g (2 cups) + 30g (1/4 cup) plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder 
1/4 teaspoon (scant) baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt

for filling:
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (cinnamon powder)
50g (1/4 cup) sugar (I used brown sugar)
50g (1/4 cup) unsalted butter (melted)


Method:

  1. Mix milk, sugar and vegetable oil in a pan. Scald (heat until just before boiling) the mixture. Leave to cool for 45mins ~ 1 hour.
  2. Place 250g (2 cups) plain flour and Instant yeast in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the above mixture. Stir with a spatula until the mixture comes together to form a thick batter. (If using Active Dry Yeast, sprinkle the yeast into the mixture and let it sit for a minute before adding it to the plain flour.) Cover and let the batter sit for at least 1 hour.
  3. Add in the remaining 30g (1/4 cup) flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until the mixture comes together. Either go ahead to make the rolls or cover and leave to chill in fridge over night or until needed. If left to chill, check the dough and punch it down by folding with a spatula if the dough rises almost to the rim of the mixing bowl. (Note: dough will be more firm and easier to work with if left to chill in fridge).
  4. When ready to make the rolls, mix ground cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
  5. Dust the work surface freely with flour. Dust the top and bottom of dough with flour. Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape. Then roll out as thin as possible. Dust the dough and work surface with flour when necessary.
  6. Brush the rolled out dough with melted butter. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture evenly over the surface.
  7. Start from the opposite end of the dough, roll the dough neatly in a line towards you. Roll as tightly as possible. Dust fingers with flour if the dough feels sticky. Pinch the seams to seal.
  8. Cut into 1 inch thick slices and arrange on baking pan lined with parchment paper (or greased with butter). Place the rolls close together so that they are almost touching.
  9. Cover and leave to rise for 30mins (1 hour if dough was left to chill over night) or until the rolls double in size. (Note: the rolls can be left to chill in the fridge over night and bake them the next morning. If rolls have doubled in size, bake them right away. Otherwise leave to sit on counter until double in size before baking.)
  10. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 20mins until golden brown. 
HAVE A BLESSED DAY !!!

28 comments:

  1. 我看上你的肉桂面包,很香的呢!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey, 我刚刚去了你家吃了kopitiam面包,你的面包做的好平均,漂亮!:)

      Delete
  2. I could just dive into a bowl of this right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...hope I can serve you a big bowl :)
      Thank you, cquek!!!

      Delete
  3. 两款我都喜欢,第一款柔软
    第二款香味扑鼻:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 有老师来陪我吃夜宵,好高兴呗~

      Delete
  4. 我喜欢那微波, 照片也拍得很美!
    那一篮的微波我带走了, 留下cinnamon的你自个欣赏吧! 哈哈。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 好吧!微波请你吃, cinnamon留给我慢慢啃吧! 哈哈!

      Delete
  5. I love cinnamon roll and have not make one more than two years ago. Can share some with me for supper :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Ann.It's my pleasant to share with you ;)

      Delete
  6. 叩叩〜我来吃宵夜咯!!我也打算明天做面包。。。做得好才请你吃,做得不好。。。我自己吃!!嘻嘻。。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 放心啦! 我肯定有口福的,呵呵!

      Delete
  7. Me too, I love soft rolls. They are great at any time. And I especially LOVE cinnamon rolls. Wish I'm being offered to taste one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Esther,
    I am reading this and I am practically drooling over your cinnamon rolls..as I have not taken breakfast yet. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the cinnamon rolls looks kinda cute, like a bouquet of flowers! take care, esther and hv a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena, thank you and have a lovely weekend too :)

      Delete
  10. Esther, I love cinnamon rolls! I used to buy the Cinnabon rolls but expensive lah. I must try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, homemade cinnamon rolls definitely cost saving. Worth to try :)

      Delete
  11. I have yet to try 微波 bread, but I already fall in love with milk buns, don't know when I will try out, hehehe..Oh, you just remind me this old cinnamon roll recipe from HHB, thinking to try out earlier. I must find one day to try out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonia sifu, I believe you'll bring a lot of surprise to this old recipe! 期待哦!

      Delete
  12. Hi Esther,
    Lovely rolls! Must be wonderful with a cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joyce, especially with a cup of freshly brewed coffee! :)
      Hv a great weekend.

      Delete
  13. 抱歉,最我也是很少上来报道。
    因为我的电脑出现了问题,所以也没有整天开了。
    微波炉面包将会是我下一个目标。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哦,原来Tracy家里的电脑罢工了!
      趁机休息一下吧!期待你的作品咯!

      Delete
  14. Just mouthwatering...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 来迟了,面包分完了吧。。嘻。。两款面包我都很喜欢,cinnamon口味的还没试过,一定也要试试做。。:)

    ReplyDelete